Thursday, April 15, 2010

Traditions

I love spending Easter with my family. We have so many traditions at every holiday that I love but for some reason Easter is special. Maybe it's because spring is starting to come around and the grass is green, the trees are budding and flowers are starting to bloom. I'm not really sure but I got to come home for Easter this year and even though I only spent about 48 hours at my parents it was still a blast and worth every second. Here are a few photos of some of our Easter traditions that I cherish. I love you all!

Ten Commandments, of course. Great movie, really long. I think Jake and I used it more of an excuse to stay up late but we got to watch it to the end every year.
Bunny cake. There was discussion of omitting this tradition this year since we also celebrated Bryan's birthday and started a new tradition with Patricia's chocolate fountain but I opted to make it and I'm glad I did. Yum!

We have some coconut lovers and some coconut haters. That's how this bunny became the bandito
8am Mass at St. Mary's of Kickapoo

And milling about afterward to visit
Easter egg hunt. I don't know that we'll ever be too old for this tradition. I love this photo! The dogs really wanted to help us find those eggs!
This year's hunt started out a little slow. We were all in diabetic comas after the steak dinner and all the sweets.

There's always a few eggs in the apple trees

1 comment:

  1. The bunny cake is so cute! And I love your dress, very fancy! :) That is my favorite scene from Ten Commandments. I always wanted to be Nefertiti when I grew up...

    ReplyDelete